There were some wonderful solo performances for the judges to consider as the Salford Awards were up for grabs.
The organizers of the Salford International Online Brass Soloist Competition 2021 thanked the competitors for their outstanding performances following the announcement of the event’s results.
Alan Hobbins, Jeremie Favre and Elliot Gray told 4BR: “We would like to thank all of the competitors. Sleeves.
It was great to hear new musicians perform in the UK and Europe and we will all be following them with great interest in their musical journeys in the future. “
The contest judges were Tom Hutchinson, Brett Baker and Mark Wilkinson, while generous support for the initiative came from Band Supplies Leeds and composer Dan Price, who kindly donated a solo with accompaniment that can be chosen. in its music catalog.
Some familiar faces won the awards, with Nayan Shah, the main cornet of Britain’s National Children’s Band, taking the award in the Under-14 category. Nyan was recently featured performing ‘Bugler’s Holiday’ on stage at the Royal Albert Hall with the Black Dyke Band at the UK National Championships Gala Concert.
Oriane Bruckel from Switzerland won the 15-17 year old award. Oriane has been a successful competitor in several solo competitions, winning the Salford online competition in 2020 and the junior category of the Swiss Solo and Foursome Championships this year.
The Blue Riband Open Section has also been claimed by one of the banding movement’s rising young stars, as Luke Barker, main horn of Britain’s National Youth Band and a member of the Flowers Band, added to his growing resume of achievements.
1. Nayan Shah (Cornet) – National Children’s Band of Great Britain
2. Izzy Deans (Cornet) – Chichester City Group
3. Vincent Pralong (Trombone) – Echo de la Dent-Blanche
15 to 17 years old:
1. Oriane Bruckel (cornet) – La Lyre Conthey
2. Lewis Barton (cornet) – Elland Silver Band
3. Margot Sauthier (cornet) – Fanfare valaisanne La Contheysanne
Section open 18 years and over
1. Luke Barker (cornet) – Flowers Band
2. Danny Jones (euphonium) – Aldbourne Band
3. Lucie Vergere (trumpet in Eb) – La Concordia Vetroz