Corona afflicts North Korea and Kim Jong Un describes it as a “disaster”

On Thursday, North Korea acknowledged the outbreak of the coronavirus for the first time and ordered a lockdown. The official Central News Agency said the country was taking “urgent emergency measures” to control the pandemic.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said earlier on Saturday that the COVID-19 outbreak had caused his country a “great catastrophe” and called for an all-out battle to defeat the pandemic.

Korea’s Central News Agency said health authorities had set up more epidemic prevention centers and urgently transferred medical supplies to hospitals and clinics, while senior officials donated spare drugs. .

He added that at least 296,180 people had developed fever symptoms and another 15 had died on Sunday.

Overall, North Korea has recorded 82,620 suspected cases and 324,550 cases are still under medical treatment, the agency said.

Leave a Comment