As many families in the Uvalde, Texas area mourn the loss of loved ones after the tragic shooting that took place Tuesday in Robb Elementary Schooltwo local funeral homes share that they will not charge families of victims who sadly lost their lives.
According to BNC NewsBoth Hillcrest Memorial Funeral Home and Rushing-Estes-Knowles Mortuary announced that they would not charge victims’ families as they offer their services.
Hillcrest said in a statement,
“We have fought together as a community and will stand together now in this time of need.”
The Rushing-Estes-Knowles Mortuary also said:
“No family will be charged for our services.”
While speaking about the tragedy on his Facebook account, Rushing-Estes-Knowles Mortuary also said, “For over 60 years we have stood with Uvalde and beyond. Today, our determination is stronger than ever. We are here for the people of Uvalde and our professionals are currently at Robb Elementary assisting law enforcement. As the situation evolves and we have the opportunity to help our community, no family will be charged for our services.
As previously reported, the death toll in the shooting has now risen to 19 children and two adults.
Authorities have identified the alleged shooter in the incident as 18 years old salvador ramoswho was killed in response to the shooting.
NBC News reports that an off-duty Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC) Customs and Border Protection agent was involved in the suspect’s murder. Law enforcement sources said the off-duty officer entered the school with two law enforcement officers during the shooting and shot the suspect, who was shooting behind a barricade.
The officer was shot in the process, but his injuries were not life-threatening. Sources say the agent was able to help “eliminate the threat”.
We will continue to update you as further details become available.
Want updates straight to your text inbox? Call us at 917-722-8057 or Click here to join!
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94