Ukraine: Ukraine says it is blocking Russian offensive

KYIV: Ukraine’s military says a broad-front Russian offensive in the east of the country is stalling amid casualties and material losses inflicted by Kyiv forces.
The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine said in a Facebook post on Sunday that Russian troops were trying to advance in the regions of Sloboda, Donetsk and Taurida, but were held back by Ukrainian forces who continue to fight village by town.
Separately, Ukrainian intelligence officials have accused Russian forces of destroying medical infrastructure, taking equipment and denying medical care to residents of several occupied towns and villages.
In a Facebook post on Sunday, Ukraine’s Defense Ministry says ventilators and other equipment provided since 2014 by international donors and the Ukrainian government have been removed from a hospital in Starobilsk, Luhansk region, in eastern Ukraine.
The same post alleges that tuberculosis patients were denied medical treatment in the Kharkiv region of Volchansk as several facilities were used to treat injured Russian soldiers.
The accuracy of the allegations could not immediately be verified.
Ukrainian officials also said on Sunday that internet and cellular communications had been cut in a large area of ​​the Russian-occupied Kherson region and part of the Zaporizhzhia region and blamed Russian forces.
London-based internet monitor Netblocks said the Kherson region had lost 75% of internet connectivity as of Saturday night.

Leave a Comment